Friday 17 March 2017

Grit talks humility


Grit Curtis says ...

Hello there. They say you learn more from your mistakes than your successes.
But that’s just not true   
They just say that to make you feel better.
I should know because
I have made many many mistakes,
and I can safely say
my mistakes have taught me nothing

No no no, success has taught me all I know.
And though i have succeeded at many things
 I still need more, yes I do.
I'm not proud
Well just a bit

What do I need more of?
More humility, 
but I can’t seem to find it any where,
Am I too proud?
Maybe ... but I'm proud to be proud
I have humility enough already, 
Yes, that’s right, I have humility enough already,  but 
Yes too much humility impedes the the push to the peak 
Yes I mustn't be too humble. Nor too arrogant. 
Arrogance who needs it? certainly not little ol’ humble me, and I am so so humble
Find that perfect blend of pride arrogance and humility 

There are far too many people out there giving far too much advice ….

No comments:

Post a Comment